April 4, 2007

Indians (almost) never Change

Note: I accept, myself, I am certainly not completely perfect.

I have been pondering since years if most of my country men, could every be more courteous in the way they behave with one another, understand their limits, talk properly, interact, be open minded? However, its been long I have been craving for such an environment, where its utopia. Finally I joined SUN Microsystems. I was wondering about the environment I am going to get and expected a lot.

However, Indians are Indians. I still find the following even here.

1. They pull out chairs at your table, even without asking you
2. They stand next to your cubicle and start shouting over their phones without even bothering about others
3. People group at cubicles and start jokes, babble and very ugly is they start speaking aloud in thier regional languages.
4. Latest incident: My colleague, kept a cup of tea, in the microwave for heating. A lady came, pulled her cup out and heated her cup of tea and then kept the cup back and left. I cant even describe what an action this is.

Can we ever ever change???????

4 comments:

  1. Hai Esesve,vidya here..
    Congrtas...

    ReplyDelete
  2. guess you should join wipro. people there seem more curteous

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to see you on Blogosphere.

    You are right, people don't think about others, I think it's simply lack of manners nothing else.

    People don't think about the collective gains and are ready for the collective loss. One of the IIMs prof had put it really well when he said that we always look for a WIN - LOSE solution and not a WIN - WIN solution.

    This is imbibed into us and takes a lot of effort to change. I thought about it a while ago and wrote about it as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. One suggestion, remove this word verification for comments as it makes commenting a tedious process. There are better ways to handle spam comments than this.
    This surely reduces the spam but also reduces genuine comments.

    This is another incident that people don't care about other's time and efforts. Here I want to share some comments about your post and I have to recognize these wiered fonts :)

    ReplyDelete

This is how we learn. Say it right away ...